What Makes Multiseal® Low Friction Seals Seals Better?
- A better seal – The multi-lobed design provides more sealing surfaces than standard O-Rings.
- Increases life for the seal ring – With multiple seal points, less squeeze is required to provide an effective seal. This means less friction and wear which will increase seal life and lower maintenance costs.
- Prevents spiral failure – The square cross sections resist distortion called “spiral twist” that may be encountered when using O-Rings.
- Puts parting lines where they belong – Unlike an O-Ring, where the parting line is found on the only sealing surface, the parting lines of Multiseal® low friction seals and X-Ring compression seals are located in the center of the cross section away from the primary sealing surfaces.
- Better lubricant retention – The grooves on the inside and outside diameter of these rings retain lubricant thereby lowering friction and extending packing life.
- Saves space, reduces cost – One Multiseal® low friction seal can replace two U-Cups in many applications.
- Less force, better seal – Lower breakaway force and reduced operating pressures make them ideal in reciprocating applications.
- The right fit – Multiseal® low friction seals will fit in standard O-Ring grooves