- The four lobed design provides twice the sealing surface of a standard O-Ring.
- Because of the double-sealing action, less squeeze is required to maintain an effective seal. The reduction in squeeze means less friction and wear which will increase seal life and lower maintenance costs.
- Unlike an O-Ring where the parting line is found on the sealing surface, the X-Ring seals' parting line is located between the lobes away from the sealing surface.
- The four-lobed configuration of the X-Ring resists distortion called "Spiral Twist" that is sometimes encountered by an O-Ring.
- The grooves on the inside and outside diameter of the X-Ring retain lubricant thereby lowering friction and extending packing life.
- The X-Ring fits into grooves designed for and O-Ring so there should be limited problems retrofitting the seal
Click here to view our X-Ring & Multiseal Brochure.